Thursday, June 18, 2009

THINKING OF YOU..NEIGHBOR GIFTS AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY

Hello all, I have a few things to share today....First off is my little plum gifts for a few of my neighbors....do you ever get idea's about creating a card or some type of gift wrap for a special someone and then just say forget it because it would take way to long to do....I know I do, I often feel like I have to add A MILLION bells and whistles to all of my projects and then I don't want to wrap up something because of all the work involved....well this summer and hopefully it will be a trend for me...I have decided to take the time and decorate little special gifts and send out special cards to family/friends and not worry about adding all the BELLS AND WHISTLES...it is the thought that counts...isn't it.....it is funny, i can go into a really nice card shop that features some cards that are so simple with white backgrounds and maybe just a cute little bug in the corner and think they are the cutest, but when I get home, i feel i need to add all kinds of stuff on my cards..ANYHOO....yesterday Benjamin and I decided to pick a few plums from our tree....my Goodness God blessed us with an over abundant of plums this year...so I decided to give a few to some of my neighbors...I also told my next door neighbor that all the branches hanging on his side with plums of them are his....(smile)...anyways..I think the bags came out kind of cute..I didn't even add any of my famous little dot doodles or sewing...wow felt good...I just used that FAMOUS cut that I love so much from the UNITED WE STAND (STAND AND SALUTE) NEW CRICUT CARTRIDGES...(don't forget to check out this link for an awesome giveaway from cricut).......I then used the flower from the SIMPLY SWEET cart...this flower reminds me so much of the flower on the GEORGE cartridge......anyhoo, i just used brown paper bags and added the frames and flowers and bow...then I topped off each package with a cute little THINKING OF YOU circle stamp from the CUTTING CAFE...you can view that set here...
I hope they like the plums...we are going to deliver them in a few minutes....



Next is my assignment for Pazzles....isn't this duck the cutest..I have used it before and love it so much...it comes from a cd called PAPER PIECING ANIMALS...so all you pazzles owners can visit this site to purchase this cd...well that's it for now



12 comments:

TERIBERI'S CREATIONS said...

WOWZA SIS!!! You are truly special girl!!! Love all the little gifts for the neighbors - that is sooooo sweet but coming from you - this should NOT surprise me at all!!! Sometimes it IS good to be simple - YES I agree... it just feels weird not to make something without all the bells and whistles - happens to me. Your bags turned out SPECTACULAR and the card with that little chick, OMG that is AAAAADORABLE!!!!!! Love ya girlie!! Hugs, T

Unknown said...

You say your bags are missing bells and whistles, but I have to say they turned out great! I am sure they are going to enjoy receiving them. As for the little chick, it is so sweet and adorable. I love how it turned out.

mickeydee said...

I so agree with you! Sometimes I don't make something because I think I need to spend hours on it, when the truth is...........the neighbors would have been happy just to have a little treat and know that someone was thinking of them. Love that little ducky....so darling!

Lana Clarke said...

Regina you are so sweet and kind and your gift bags turned out beautiful. I think no matter what you make it is always so stunning that you can go really simple and it's still WOW!
I have fallen in love with that little ducky......
Hugs
Lana x

Enfys said...

I wish I lived next door to you! These are gorgeous, and the little duck is adorable. Stop doing this and making me want the pazzles..
luv
En x

Janis Lewis said...

I wish I was your neighbor! So thoughtful and sweet. The bags look adorable!!

Jingle said...

I am totally in love with those little gift bags! How stinking adorable and a great idea!!!

Tracy said...

Wow Regina what a sweet thing to do for your neighbors,you are so special, i wish i lived in your neighborhood,LOL. Those bags are gorgeous just as they are, and that little chick is adorable.
Hugs T x

Robyn Weatherspoon said...

I wish I were your neighbor! We'd have so much fun! Love your thoughtful gifts and that little duckie is adorable! Hugs and blessings!

ScrapMomOf2 said...

Your neighbors are going to love those sweet gifts! Just gorgeous! Love that little chick too!

Kay said...

Regina, this is a special treat that your neighbors are going to be thrilled to receive! I love that new Cricut cartridge cut!!

What a darling little duck! Great job on the paper piecing! You can work wonders!! I also LOVE that little crochet flower!! Happy Father's Day to all the dad's in your life!!! ♥♥ Kay

Sharon Caudle said...

Those bags are awesome, Regina, bells and whistles, or no bells and whistles, everything you create is fantastic.

That ducky...well I simply ADORE that little duck!! You are amazing! The details are so fantastic! Beautiful work as always!!! HUGS!